- Il libro verde » the green book
- La porta verde » the green door
- I libri verdi » the green books
- Le porte verdi » the green doors
There are quite a few other exceptions for forming plural adjectives. For instance, adjectives that end in -io (with the stress falling on that i) form the plural with the ending -ii: addio/addii; leggio/leggii; zio/zii. The table below contains a chart of other irregular adjective endings you should know.
|Singular Ending||Plural Ending||Singular Ending||Plural Ending|
- pacifico pacific (m) » pacifici pacific
- pacifica pacific (f) » pacifiche pacific
- largo large (m) » larghi large
- larga large (f) » larghe large
- vecchio old (m) » vecchi old
- vecchia old (f) » vecchie old
- bianco white (m) » bianchi white
- bianca white (f) » bianche white
There are only 3 irregular adjectives: buono (good), bello (beautiful, nice), quello (that). When these adjectives are put in front of their noun, they follow their own rules.