Pasta with Zucchini and Mozzarella
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
- flour spread on a plate for dredging
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pecorino-romano cheese
- Heat olive oil in medium saute pan over medium heat. Dredge zucchini in flour, shaking off any excess and fry in batches. Using a slotted spoon transfer them to paper towels, and season with salt & pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until almost al dente, the pasta should be slightly undercooked.
- Strain pasta and transfer to a 3 to 4 quart baking dish. Add 2 cups of marinara sauce, zucchini, 1/4 pound of mozzarella and 1/8 cup pecorino-romano, and toss until well combined.
- Top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle on the remaining cheeses. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake until the cheese on top is melted and slightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
There are 329 calories in 1 cup of Pasta. Get full calorie facts of pasta and other common foods using Free food facts. Find the number of calories and view food labels for popular pasta meals.