Trenette Al Pesto
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- pinch of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped fine
- 1/2 pound of trenette
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Wash the basil in cold water and gently pat it dry with paper towels.
- Put 1/4 cup of olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and a nice pinch of salt in a food processor or blender, start mixing and add the basil a few leaves at a time processing to a creamy consistency.
- In a large saute pan add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of pesto, turn heat on low and heat through.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the trenette. Cook until al dente.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of water from the pot then drain pasta and add to saute pan with pesto, and turn the heat up to high.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of the water the pasta was cooked in, and the parmigiano cheese and stir vigorously coating the pasta completely with the sauce.
- Transfer the pasts to individual serving plates and serve immediately.