- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 lb of Marscapone cheese - 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly made espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until the mixture is thickened and light lemon color.
- Mix in the Marscapone cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- In a medium-size bow whip the cream until stiff peaks form and fold into the cheese mixture.
- Dip the Savoiardi in espresso and line a 9 by 13 inch pan with them.
- Pour in half the cheese mixture and smooth.
- Add another layer of the Savoiardi dipped in espresso.
- Pour the remaining cheese mixture on top and smooth.
- Chill for 2 hours and dust with cocoa powder before serving.
© 2007-2016 - All Rights Reserved