Serves 6 to 8
- 4 cups whole milk - 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Finely grind pistachios in a food processor, and transfer them to a bowl.
- Place 3 cups of the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat when milk just begins to simmer.
- Combine remaining 1 cup of milk, sugar and cornstarch (low in fat) in a bowl, then stir into the hot milk.
- Return pan to medium heat and cook, stirring until mixture thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir the hot milk mixture into the bowl of pistachios. Allow to cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing pistachios with the back of a spoon. Discard the pistachios and process the custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
© 2007-2016 - All Rights Reserved