Penne Filetto di Pomodoro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 of a pound prosciutto, chopped
- 35 oz can of imported Italian tomatoes - 2 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and prosciutto, cook until onion is translucent and prosciuto is brown.
- Crush tomatoes and add with juices to onion and prosciutto mixture. Add basil, salt & pepper to taste and a little water..
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the penne. Cook uncovered over high heat until al dente.
- Drain pasta, put back in pot add some of the sauce to the pot and mix it up. Dish out pasta spooning remaining sauce over top.
© 2007-2018 - All Rights Reserved