- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic sliced in half
- 1 35oz can of imported
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place garlic and olive oil in large sauce pan.
- Turn heat to medium and cook until garlic is soft and lightly browned.
- Crush the tomatoes and add with their juices.
- Fill empty tomato can 1/4 of the way with water and pour in with tomatoes
- Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook until thickened approximately 20 to 30 minutes.