Gnocchi di Ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 pound of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese plus extra for sprinkling - pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce.
- Using 4 cups of the flour on a wooden board make a mound with a well in the center.
- Add eggs, ricotta, 1/2 cup of parmagiano and salt & pepper in well and knead to form a dough.
- Knead lightly for 2 to 3 more minutes, gradually adding remaining flour if the dough sticks to the board or your hands.
- When the dough is soft and dry to the touch divide it into pieces the size of an orange.
- Using both hands, roll out each piece of dough into a roll about the size of your index finger.
- Cut each roll into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a teaspoon of olive oil oil and the gnocchi.
- Cook, uncovered over high heat until the gnocchi rises to the surface of the water, about 1 to 2 minutes. While the gnocchi are cooking heat the marinara in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Remove the gnocchi from the water with a slotted spoon and transfer to the saute pan.
- Saute gnocchi in sauce until coated, then transfer to a caserole dish sprinkle with parmigianno cheese to taste and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
© 2007-2018 - All Rights Reserved