Baked Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto
- 16 slices of prosciutto, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small bits - 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Butter a baking dish large enough to hold the asparagus.
- Bring a sauce pan 3/4 full of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and salt and cook until the spears are just beginning to bend when lifted by the stem, 5-7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Wrap each asparagus spear in one slice of prosciutto and place in the baking dish.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkle with the cheese and pepper.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot directly from the dish.
© 2007-2018 - All Rights Reserved