- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino-Romano Cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 artichokes
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Combine bread crumbs, Pecorino-Romano Cheese, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium bowl. Mix together well.
- Cut stems off artichokes, flush with bottom. Cut pointy leaves off the top of the artichokes. Spread leaves of each artichoke out and push stuffing in between them.
- In a pot just large enough to fit the artichokes, add the sliced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the artichokes. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top of the artichokes.
- Turn heat on to medium and cook until sizzling about 1-2 minutes. Add water to reach half way up the sides of the artichokes.
- Cover and cook until the artichokes are tender and a leaf is easily pulled out, about 45 minutes. If liquid is evaporating too quickly add a little more water.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle a little of the liquid from the pot over the artichokes and serve.
© 2007-2016 - All Rights Reserved